Autojump2 is a fork of Autojump originaly written by Joel Schaerer (https://github.com/joelthelion/autojump). The philosophy is different from Autojump.
Autojump use "j" command and increment a number after each call. In opposite, Autojump2 is a replacement of "cd" command. "cd" behaviour is enhanced by intelligent completion and short links to your favorite directories.
** Personal opinion **
Another thing is that the code is simpler than Autojump2, completion is smarter, database management is better.
Autojump2 use two regular expressions constructed with arguments, "cd a b c" is translated in :
- ./.a.b.c.* # All arguments define last directory name
- ./.a./.b./.c.* # Arguments are part of path So you can address complex paths with multiple arguments.
Autojump2 (like autojump) is under GPL version 3 licence.
No script is delivered because installation is simple.
- Copy whole package content in ~/.local/share/autojump2
- Create a symbolic link from a bin directory (/bin, /usr/bin, ...) to ~/.local/share/autojump2/autojump2
- Add 'source ~/.local/share/autojump2/autojump2.bash' to your ~/.bashrc
- Copy whole package content in /usr/local/share/autojump2
- Create a symbolic link from a bin directory (/bin, /usr/bin, ...) to /usr/local/share/autojump2/autojump2
- Add 'source /usr/local/share/autojump2/autojump2.bash' to your ~/.bashrc
A database named .autojump2.dict will be created at $AUTOJUMP2_DATA_DIR/ or ~/ if variable is not defined